Oh my, was it cold up at my grandparents this year! We had a WONDERFUL, relaxing time up at my grandparents again this year. I was worried that Ty wouldn't sleep well because he won't use a blanket and it was FREEZING, but he did great both at night and during his naps. My Grandpa had crushed his heel a few months prior (not building our tree house thankfully) so I thought I he would need some extra help this year but nooo, he wouldn't let us do a thing and he was exhausted by the end.
We had 29 people this year, 6 up from last year. My niece and nephew Kelsey and Zach were able to come which was wonderful and we didn't think Krystal was going to make it because she was completely snowed in at her house in Camino, California but things turned around the night before and she made it after all.
 |
| Kelsey, Zach and Krystal |
Ty had so much fun playing with Adam and Christopher; last year he was too little to play with playmates. Brooke contracted a fabulous case of poison oak, but other than that, the older kids had a great time too.
 |
| Ty and Christopher |
Brian and I, once again, braved black friday to score some killer deals for Christmas. We usually drive down to Auburn but this year we decided to drive to Marysville and Yuba City...MISTAKE. We left at 3:30am and I couldn't believe the amount of people at that Walmart...holy cow! We did have to wait in line for our main purchase but only for a half an hour and then we ditched that place as fast as we could. We then drove over to Yuba City and hit the mall and a few other stores, had a delicious Starbucks and arrived back by about 9am.
 |
| Just back from Black Friday and this is what I find! |
Coming home was fun because I decided to decorate for Christmas the Saturday before we left so I could come home to a nice cozy, festive house; it was perfect! Our poor cat Salem had a run-in with a couple raccoons while we were gone so he was happy to see us and warm up inside the house and eat. The dang coons got in the garage and ate all of his food, bathed in his water bowl and found his food bin, opened that, and ate all that food too! That night, as Brian was leaving to go on a late night errand (Wendy's :), he hears an animal growling at him in our front yard so he comes back inside, goes out again and it's still growling. He gets a flashlight and sure enough...DANG COONS! They wanted in our garage for more food. I'm sure they have been stalking us all week! Phew...lots of typing but lots of excitement. Now onto Christmas...
 |
| Mom and Ty |
 |
| Adam in his coon skin hat |
No comments:
Post a Comment