Brian~Kelly~Kristina~Cody~Troy~Morgan~Brooke~Ty

~~~~

Monday, August 10, 2009

We are women, hear us roar!



Six women, sixteen children...no problem. After realizing that summer would be over in two weeks and my girls had done pretty much nothing all summer while the boys were off to all sorts of camps, I decided (out of guilt) to take my girls on a quick vacation. I called a handful of friends for an impromptu camping trip; just women and our kids.

I have to say, despite the teasing by the y chromosomes in my family, it was a huge success. We only had a couple of days to book a campsite and pack. I set up a tent for the first time, started the campfire, loaded and unloaded my car successfully and all the while taking care of my teething 3 month old without a man in sight. One man in the campground commented several times on how brave we were!

We had great fun socializing together, the kids had a ball with all the fun things there were to do. I have to give the babies credit, Ty and Carson were unbelievably good the entire time, they loved being outside. I think we will definitely make this an annual trip!

Ty sleeping on my air mattress


Carson playing out a scene in a really bad horror movie


Morgan and Allison on the jumping pillow


Brooke and Tim at the campsite


Ty, Morgan and Mom at the pool


Brooke and Claire in the spa


Brooke and Allison taken with my cool new underwater camera


Morgan


Brooke

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What a cool "vacation". Steve would crack up if I said I was going camping. He knows it would be a complete and total wash if i was out there in the wilderness...just Elle and I! And he is very right. So with that in mind...I'm very impressed! :)

Unknown said...

It was a fun trip. The pictures on your waterproof camera turned out pretty good. I still think that is the coolest thing!

MelissaWright said...

The camping trip was sooo much fun! We look forward to it next year. Great pics. :)